The previous 5 editions of MAISoN took place at large flagship conferences in web search, data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence and information retrieval. They featured talks from various renowned keynote speakers on timely topics such as causal analysis, social influence spread and social bots. In addition, each workshop had an associated journal special issue, including special issues with high impact journals such as Elsevier Information Systems, Elsevier Information Processing & Management and the Springer Information Retrieval Journal. Previous editions include:
- MAISoN 2017; co-located with ACM WSDM 2017 in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- MAISoN 2018; co-located with IJCAI 2018 in Stockholm, Sweden.
- MAISoN 2019; co-located with ACM ICTIR 2019 in Santa Clara, CA, United States.
- MAISoN 2020; co-located with WWW 2020, online.
- MAISoN 2020; (Special Edition on Dis/misinformation mining); co-located with CIKM 2020, online.